Woodworking is more than just a hobby. It is even more than a profession. It is art! There’s so much one can do with wood that a layman wouldn’t ever believe it.
Having said the above, it would be unfair to give woodworking tools some credit. Only when armed with these tools, does a woodworker reach his/her true potential. One of these precious tools is none other than the router. A powerful router that meets your expectations will be your biggest weapon, enabling you to design masterpieces.
|Product No.||Best 3 HP Router||Product Image||Product Reviews||Check Price|
Since there are different types of routers on the market today, we have come up with a list of the best 3 HP routers in 2020 as per ratings. We can vouch for each of them and give you the assurance that by the end of this list, you will find your very own special 3 HP router!
Best 3 HP Router
1. Hitachi M12V2 Plunge 3 HP Router
Hitachi is best known for its electrical appliances, but if you thought that’s all they sell, you are wrong. Hitachi has a wide range of products, including a powerful plunge router that offers variable speed. Here’s why you should buy it:
- It is a soft start motor that gives you a 3 ¼ peak HP. It also works to reduce torque as it starts.
- It has a 15 Amp motor that provides excellent cutting speed. You can also use it to cut hardwoods without trouble.
- The electronic variable speed dial allows you to adjust the speed according to the requirement. The speed can be adjusted from 8,000 to 22,000 RPMs.
- The speed dial is positioned such that the user adjusts the speed easily without getting distracted from the work at hand. In fact, you don’t need to so much as look away from the workpiece while adjusting the speed.
- You can also use it as a table router. In fact, it is one of the best 3 HP routers for table at the moment.
- The collet chuck conveniently protrudes upwards to about 6 mm.
- The router also has a dust guide that keeps dust and debris away.
- In the box, along with the 3 HP router, you will get a centering gauge, a wrench, a wing bolt, a guide bar, a dust adapter, a straight guide, and 2 collets (½ and ¼ inches).
- Please note that Hitachi is now being marketed as Metabo HPT.
2. DEWALT 3 HP Plunge Router (DW625)
The Dewalt router is a heavy-duty, electronic machine of professional-grade quality. It is very easy to handle and offers extremely smooth handling. It has been among the top-rated 3 HP routers for a while now, and some of the reasons are as follows:
- It offers variable speed from 8,000 to 22,000 RPMs. It can maintain a constant speed even with high load.
- The router gets its power from a 15 Amp, 3 horsepower motor that promises control and precision.
- It also has the ability to start softly and pick up the pace, giving you time to adjust and take charge. This also eliminates jerks that can ruin a fine piece of wood.
- Its micro-fine bit depth adjuster provides accurate and fast depth settings while the bushings, which are made of phosphorous bronze, optimize the accuracy further.
- The machine weighs 11 ¼ pounds, but it has handles that make usage easy. It also has a square with a finger depression.
- It has a spindle lock button.
- The manufacturers provide 2 collets with the machine. They are ½ and ¼ inches.
- It is also equipped with a dust extraction adapter.
- DEWALT provides a 3-year limited warranty that covers manufacturing defects. It also offers a 1-year service contract.
3. Makita Plunge Router (RP2301FC)
Trust us when we say that you really can’t go wrong with a Makita Plunger Router. It has all the features you are looking for in the ideal router and more! To help you evaluate, we have enlisted its highlights below:
- The Makita Plunge Router works on a voltage of 120 V with the power of 3 ¼ HP and 15 Amp.
- Its no-load RPM ranges from 9,000 to 22,000.
- It has oversized bearings that increase the tool’s life.
- It has LED lights that help you work with ease even when there’s low visibility. The lights are powerful enough to light up your work area.
- Its rubberized handles allow 2-finger switch to ensure complete control and comfort. Adding to this is the lock-on trigger that keeps everything in place as you work.
- The machine offers precision like no other! This is thanks to its quick-release plunge depth adjustment that has micro-control! It also has 3 depth stops that are pre-adjusted.
- The shaft lock allows quick bit changes.
- The box contains a ¼-inch collet insert, an extended-depth knob, a ½-inch collet cone, and a wrench along with the machine itself.
4. PORTER-CABLE 3 HP Router (7518)
The Porter-Cable Router offers 5 speeds that you can choose from with a powerful motor, dust-sealed switch, and precision machined aluminum motor housing. Its features are many, and we are sure you will like each of them. Below are a few:
- The router has a 15 Amp motor with 3 ¼ HP.
- You have the freedom to choose from 5 speeds – 10,000, 13,000, 16,000, 19,000, and 21,000 RPM.
- It offers a soft-start and reduces torque when you start the machine.
- Even under load, the machine’s speed stays consistent.
- It has an auto-release collet system. This enables you to remove the bit easily after using the machine.
- Its dust-sealed switch and its ball-bearing construction ensure added durability.
- The base is made of cast handles that provide stability.
- When you purchase the router, you also get a fixed base, a ½-inch collet, a motor, a wrench, and a manual.
5. Triton TRA001 Plunge 3 HP Router
The Triton Router has a dual-mode setup that allows you to choose from a plunge and a fixed base router. A single button makes the switch for you. So, if you are looking for this flexibility, you will love this router. Keep reading for additional details:
- The router has a micro-winder that works to allow fine depth adjustment when you are using the full-plunge mode.
- Regardless of the cutter type, you can use the router thanks to its variable speeds and soft-start feature.
- The router has side air vents and dust extraction vents that make working with it easy.
- The auto-shaft lock and auto-spindle lock ensure safety along with precision.
- You can choose from 8,000 to 21,000 RPM speeds.
- It has a fully-enclosed guarding and a 3-stage turret for accurate readings and precise depth.
- Its plunge spring is removable.
- In the box, you will have the router, a collet wrench, 2 collets, a multi-function wrench, and a table height winder.
Are you excited to add one of these routers to the cart? We don’t blame you! We were just as excited while compiling our favorites for you. Don’t wait. Purchase now!
If you have any questions about any of these 3 HP routers, please feel free to comment or get in touch with us!