Do you need a bandsaw fence? For sure! We have come across many questions and comments about the importance of the bandsaw fence. Let’s clear it once and for all. If you don’t have a good fence, your bandsaw won’t do the job it is supposed to. You won’t enjoy it properly. Sadly, though, sellers don’t help us in this case. They sell the fence separately. So, once you buy a bandsaw, you will have to start looking for the fence as well.
Best Aftermarket Bandsaw Fence
Luckily, we have heard you! We did the research and put together a list of the best aftermarket bandsaw fences that you can buy this year. Go through and choose your favorite!
1. POWERTEC BS900RF Rip Bandsaw Fence
It is sturdy, affordable, and very easy to use. That, and many other reasons, which we will discuss later are responsible for POWERTEC being the first product on our list. For work tables, this is the best you can get. Why? Here you go:
- It has a solid construction. It is made with extruded aluminum, which promises great durability.
- It comes fully assembled. You just have to unpack it and get rolling.
- It serves the purpose of providing straight parallel cuts.
- It comes with an adjustable cam lever. You can use it to change the settings from 11 1/8 inches to 11 13/16 inches.
- The lever also ensures that you lock it in place securely without any movements or unnecessary alterations.
- While it was specifically made for POWERTEC B900 Wood Band Saw, it is also compatible with other saws. Make sure you check the compatibility before you purchase it, just to be sure.
2. Grizzly Industrial H7587
This particular universal fence is a significant upgrade from the standard fences. With the Grizzly Industrial fence, you can actually alternate between a shorter and a taller with ease. Below are a few more details:
- You can lower the blade guides when you are working with a shorter fence. This gives you the flexibility of adjusting it depending on the work at hand.
- It has a very sturdy construction.
- The setup and use are extremely easy.
- You can use it for straight parallel cutting and normal cutting as well.
- The bandsaw fence works only with 14-inch bandsaws. If you have smaller or larger ones, you should take a look at the other available options.
3. Kreg KMS7200 Bandsaw Fence
The Kreg Bandsaw Fence is well-known for its rigidity and durability. It also promises more productivity due to its many unique features. Here are a few of them:
- It has a precision lens cursor that provides pinpoint accuracy.
- The mounting rail measures 26 inches while the fence is 18 inches long.
- It works well with tight workpieces as well.
- You can attach and detach it easily. This saves a lot of time.
- You can adjust it in two dimensions so that you cut parallelly with the blade too.
- It works best with 14-inch bandsaws. It is compatible with most options out there, but it is always a good idea to check before you purchase.
4. Woodhaven 7280 Bandsaw Fence
The Woodhaven Bandsaw Fence is easily one of our favorites. It promises to improve the bandsaw immediately and help you do wonders. How is that possible? Well, its features get the credit. Here are a few of them:
- It has an angle bracket design that makes it very easy to adjust.
- You can use it for most 14-inch bandsaws and 16-inch square tables. However, if you have 14-inch bandsaws that it is not compatible with, you may be able to make it work by drilling 4 holes according to the given instructions. Keep in mind that this will be extra work and you will need to spend time on it. If you are not up for that, you should look at the other products.
- The manufacturers claim that it is the most rigid fence on the market today.
- It has 2 position locks at the ends and blade lead locks too.
- The manufacturers provide a lifetime warranty against workmanship and material defects. So, you don’t really risk much by giving this a shot.
5. CARTER MAGFENCE II Universal Magnetic Fence
Let’s end with another excellent fence. The CARTER MAGFENCE II has universal application and fits all ferrous metal tables. This is the only thing you should remember because it is a magnetic fence. Why is it so good? Read on to find out:
- It has multiple T-slots.
- It also has 2 very powerful magnets that you can switch based on the work at hand. It is an excellent tool for precise and quick adjustments.
- You can adjust it while using and remove it when done in no time. This shoots up productivity.
- It has an L-shaped aluminum extrusion. Overall, it is 16 inches long.
- It is very firm and reliable.
While going through this list, you will notice that there are factors such as compatibility and price that you must consider. Each of them varies at least slightly in these aspects. So, even though you have the list of the best, we recommend that you do some homework before you choose the final product. Simply compare the aforementioned fences based on reviews, compatibility (the type of table, size, etc.), and price. Within minutes, you will be able to find which one you should choose.
If you have any doubts or if you are unable to figure out which bandsaw fence you should buy, please feel free to comment with your questions. We will be more than happy to help you out.