Best plywood for laser cutting – Work with ease with top rated plywood
Woodcraft is a hobby we all love. A single piece of wood can kindle our imagination and encourage us to do so much. It is amazing!
DIY projects and school crafts are two of the most popular activities that individuals engage in. Whether it is for this or for any other purpose that you want plywood for laser cutting, you have come to the right place. Laser cutting enables us to cut the plywood with precision and very quickly.
A brief about plywood
Plywood is made out of multiple sheets of wood glued together. The wood grain alternates on adjacent layers. Plywood is used for various purposes, and that’s why it is popular among many professionals, from designers to craftsmen, artists, and builders. They love working with it because it is aesthetic, durable, flexible, and water-resistant.
A brief about laser cutting
Laser cutting is one of the most popular ways of working with plywood. It gives precise cuts and opens up numerous craft opportunities. These include engraving, cutting in fine curves, photo rendering, and more. Laser cutting can be continuous or pulsed. Many hobbyists and professionals prefer continuous laser cutting since it is faster.
Best Plywood for Laser Cutting
Now, like with everything else, there are good quality and bad quality plywood pieces. We, of course, want the best ones out there. This is why we put this guide together for you. Below are a few options that you are sure to love.
1. Craft plywood for laser cutting
Measuring 1/8 x 12 x 24, this craft plywood is perfect for various projects. It comes as a kit that’s very easy to use. It is also quite affordable. Let’s take a look at why you should buy it:
- The wood used in this plywood is high quality birch veneer.
- You can use the plywood for aviation craft projects. Many have used it for pottery and ceramics as well.
- It is easy to paint and stain the wood. You can also try wood burning and stenciling.
- The plywood is very easy to cut.
- It is 3-ply plywood.
2. Thin Black Walnut Wood Boards
This is a 10-pack with 1/16-inch plywood that is ideal for scroll sawing and laser cutting. The boards are of excellent quality and will help you create masterpieces without fail. Keep reading to find out more about them:
- The boards are made of real black walnut wood. No composite has been used.
- Both the sides of the boards are sanded and kiln-dried. Please note that they are not polished. There’s no finishing.
- The dimensions of each board are 1/16 x 16 x 6 inches.
- They have specifically been designed for laser cutting.
- No chemicals have been used while cutting and putting these boards together.
3. Woodpeckers 3 mm Birch Veneer plywood for laser cutting
The 3 mm birch veneer sheets are of premium quality, measuring 1/8 x 10 x 10 inches. You can choose from 3 different packages depending on how many pieces you want. There are 8, 16, and 45-pack options. The features of this plywood are as follows:
- It is known to be heavy-duty and durable because it is multi-coated plywood. It is also stable and rigid.
- The surface has good holding power when it comes to glue and screws.
- The wood has a back veneer and a single-piece face. The face is smooth, while the back has a couple of color-matched patches.
- Efficient wood cutting, whether it is high or low production, is easy with this wood because it is thick enough for the purpose.
- From educational crafts to home décor, crafts for kids, and professional woodcraft, this wood suits multiple needs.
- The sheets have been made mainly for laser cutting and CNC machinery.
4. 3 mm Baltic Birch Plywood
These plywood sheets are ideal for laser cutting, CNC, wood burning, and DIY projects. They are made of premium Baltic birch and measure 1/8 x 10 x 10 inches. We have put together a few reasons why we love them:
- They come in sets of 16.
- The sheets have uniform grain, a light color that’s typical of birchwood, a smooth texture, and excellent durability.
- The outer sheets have vertical wood grain. The inner plies have horizontal grain. This pattern protects the plywood from moisture damage and warping. It also builds strength and resistance.
- It is only lightly sanded and varnished. It is not painted.
- While the plywood is suitable for a variety of projects, its best use is in furniture and crafts.
5. KenCraft Baltic Birch plywood for laser cutting
Baltic birch plywood is one of the most aesthetic plywood options out there. This is why we took the liberty of adding two of the same wood in our list. This plywood from KenCraft is great for laser cutting, laser engraving, and scroll saws. Here are more details:
- It is graded b/bb.
- It is known for its exceptional strength and superior screw-holding power.
- You can use this plywood for laser cutting and with your CNC router without any issues.
- The dimensions are 3 mm x 11-7/8 x 23-7/8 inches.
- It is a 3-ply plywood product and serves as an excellent practice wood.
Now that you have all the options laid out for you, you can pick whatever suits you the best. Please keep the price and the requirement in mind to ensure that you buy the right one. If you have any doubts or suggestions, please leave a comment. We are always looking forward to connecting with you.